POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Tech TV's Eyedrops : Re: Tech TV's Eyedrops Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tech TV's Eyedrops
From: Scott Moore
Date: 21 Nov 2002 07:42:27
Message: <ppjptu4s8ab6154f8bmek2qb5832lgdh7b@4ax.com>
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:12:08 -0500, Gwen & Emory Stagmer
<emo### [at] comcastnet> wrote:

>All,
>  I'm just about finished a music video done completely
>in POV I want to get on TechTV's EyeDrops show.  The technical
>guidelines basically only tell me to encode it in MPEG.  I've
>written TechTV and gotten no additional help.  I've rendered
>all the frames in 720x540 per their recommendations.  I've got
>several video programs which can assemble the files.  Are there
>any pieces I may be missing?  Did I need to use field rendering?
>I've rendered this at 15fps (again no direction from TechTV).
>
>Any other suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>    Emory

Hi Emory,

The settings you've used should be OK but if you wanted to get the
best out of the target format (i.e. NTSC) I would render at 30fps with
field rendering enabled (odd fields) - this should give you the
smoothest animation. One caveat though is that POV's field rendering
option renders two image files per frame, one for each field, which
you must somehow combine using a suitable tool to give a correct
field-rendered frame.

Also, the 720x540 seems strange to me - I've only really seen 720x480
as a recommended NTSC resolution. If you do decide to re-render I
would use 720x480

Another thing to mention is that if you do decide to render to fields
you should encode to MPEG2 since MPEG1 can't handle fields.

Cheers and good luck,

Scott